Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Week 6 - Technology in the Classroom

When I started this program, I very quickly realized I was cohorts to some really clever people.  I have had the privilege of listening to my team mates and learning from team mates over the last six weeks.  I appreciate the directive to review my team mates blogs because up until today, I was very careful to review my mates blogs as little as possible for fear of plagiarizing, even unintentionally.  Using Google reader to read blog posts facilitated my review.  As I read everyone's blogs I felt like a kid in a candy store as I bookmarked one site from cohort A and two sites from cohort B.  My list of diigo bookmarks has doubled I think.

There are many sites that I appreciate being connected to; however, the Khan Academy, a site Nida wrote about, is going to be an amazing resource to me.  This site has a plethora of science- and math-related videos.  I organized my wiki so that each unit of instruction (e.g., Kinematics) is accompanied by a Glog on which are a series of related instructional and educational videos.  I watched several of Khan's videos and found them superior.  I believe this will become my first go-to site for supplemental videos.

Kahmir, N. (2011).  Instructional and learning resources - learning theories.  retrieved 07/05/11 from http://nik05001-studentofhistory.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment